Friday, September 4, 2009

Conversations with Chase

Some of you may know that I watch my nephews on Friday. Don't get all confused thinking I am a good person or something, I need the money.

Anyway, this is week 3 and I have had some very interesting conversations with my 3 year old nephew Chase. I call him Chasey-Boo.

As much as I love and adore him, and I do, he has made me appreciate my 3 silent children. I hear a whole lot of Why and What's this and Can I have? He is currently holding up a bottle of lube and asking me,"What is this? Can I have it?" Ummm...no. Time to find a better hiding place I guess.

Anyway, here are some of my favorite conversations with my Chasey Boo.

"Aunt Tenille, why doesn't Aly have a pee pee? "
What am I supposed to say to that? I went with "Ask your mother."

"Chase, can you help me clean up this mess you made?"
"No."
"Why?"
"Cause I don't wanna."
At least the kid is honest.

"Chase, can you help me?"
"I'm too tired to do that."
Maybe not so honest after all.


After pooping...
"Can I take a bath?"
"Yeah, why didn't you wipe your bum and flush?"
"I didn't have poop on my bum"
Really? How could he possibly know that? I didn't question it, I just ran the tub.

I do love 3 year olds.

2 comments:

imbize said...

I'm actually a huge fan of this one:

Chase: Mom, will I have a bigger pee pee when I get older?

YIKES! I am going to have to start censoring these kids! LOL

savery711 said...

My favorite was when he was jealous of Aly's pretty painted toenails and we told him that's only for 'sissy-la-las'...his response: "I wanna be a GIRL!"