Friday, November 13, 2009

Timmy Update

I promise I will post a blog about the party with pics and everything. Eventually. I've been busy.

Here's the deal. Timmy has been having seizures. Not fun. Dr. referred us to a neurologist who has ordered an MRI and an EEG. (good luck with that one. eep! )

Tuesday we have the MRI. He will be sedated, so no worries there. I'm not looking forward the the waking up part, but the test will run smoothly.

The EEG is on Thursday. This one will be a little more difficult. Why you may ask??
1. He needs to hold still.
2. He needs to hold still while there are 50+ probes on his head.
3. He needs to be sleep deprived. He can only have 4-6 hours of sleep the night before.

I'm sorry, have you met my son?? Eek!!

If the EEG is unsuccessful, they will do a sedated one, but the results will not be as accurate because he was put to sleep instead of falling asleep naturally.

Fingers crossed.

PS. If you want to be awesome and help out with Aly and Bryon while I am at these appointments, I would be eternally grateful. And I will bake you something. :)

Oh, and if that wasn't enough, I have a meeting Wednesday AM about Timmy's new IEP for school. Thursday night is the New Moon premiere. I have tickets to the midnight show. Friday I have to be at the preschool for a book and breakfast at 8:30. Yeah, after I get home at 3 AM I get to be at the school at 8:30. Dressed. With 2 kids. Boo.

1 comments:

Jax @ AlyandAsh said...

Yikes, hopefully he is ok with the awake test...but it sounds like it's going to be a tough one! Poor little guy and poor momma! Even though it will cause you to be sleep deprived I think the New Moon premiere will be a good stress relief/distraction for you...at least for those few hours! BTW I can't imagine I can get away too early to wait in line. I'm considering paying Alison to wait there all day so we don't have to!