Friday, January 8, 2010

So Many Things All In One Post

I could separate these items, but I won't. :)

I'm lazy like that.

1. Aly is officially qualified for special ed. She will start on the 21st of January.
Crazy, yes?? I am now 3 for 3 in the special ed department. I'm glad that I'm getting the proper help for my kids, but I had really, really hoped for one "typical" child in the group. Oh well, what can you do?
All going well, she will attend the same school her brothers did. We love it there. She will be started in a "Moderate Delay" class and then they will determine if she needs to be in a "Severe Delay" class. She is excited to go to school, and especially to ride the ever coveted school bus.

2. Aly's cast is off. The Dr.s appt wasn't until Tuesday the 12, but she busted off the cross bar on the 31st of December. The next morning, the right leg was falling down around her ankle. We cut that off, thinking the rest would be ok, but it was cutting into her upper thigh. We ended up cutting off the cast and popping her out of it. It was surprisingly easy because she lost so much weight. I think she grew too. She no longer has her cute "ghetto bootie." I'm a little sad. She's still not walking, but that was to be expected. We'll have to wait and see what happens.

3. Bryon is potty trained!!! Typically, autistic boys are PT between 6 and 8 years old. Bry is not quite 6 1/2, so I feel pretty on track. We have to keep an eye on him because he is sneaky and does NOT like to poop in the potty. Too bad for him, because he's gonna do it. :)
Last night, Scott forgot to put him in a pull up before bed, and he woke up completely dry!! WAHOOOOOO!!!!!
1 down, 2 to go. I feel so accomplished.

4. We are working on a small remodel in our house. We are moving some walls to make a bedroom for Bryon. Everyone needs their own space or mommy is going to break something. :)

I think that's all. If I think of anything else, you know where to find me.

3 comments:

greta said...

wow. that sure is a lot of stuff going on right now!
1. as for kids in school. it's a good thing you're taking care of it right now instead of when they are older and more set in their ways. so this is a really GOOD thing. (i'm sure you know that)
2. as i have said before, HOLY CRAP YOUR KID IS STRONG!
3. an absolute HOO-freaking-RAY for potty training. as a mother who would rather face anything (and i really DO mean anything) other then potty training i'm am more happy than you will EVER know for you! :)

Dawna Greer said...

So glad you're on top of things with your precious kids. Potty training is definitely a milestone to be celebrated! Hang in there!

Unknown said...

Wow! That is a lot of stuff going on!

I noticed on Tip Junkie that you are going to be at the CBC. Me too! I thought I'd come over and say hi. :) I'll be speaking both Friday and Saturday. Eek!