Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Where Are Your Pants???


I cannot tell you how many times a day I ask this question. My children apparently have an aversion to clothing and diapers. Seriously.

My daughter especially has become very good at removing her diaper despite all the obstacles I put in her path. (I told you she was evil!) It used to be that if I had a hard time keeping pants on her all I had to do was put her in a onesie. Not anymore. She has learned to pull it off and out through the clothing and has recently learned to unsnap the onesie herself. Grrr....

Timothy is a whole other story. Scott and I have started placing bets on how long the clothing/diaper will remain on. Our options are now only 30 seconds and one minute. (He usually lasts about 5 sedonds) When he is excited to go to school, he puts on more clothing than is really necessary.

However, if he is not in the mood...

I recently had him all ready for school. Clothes, shoes, hair, everything. About 5 minutes before the bus was supposed to come(and I never really know when the bus is actually going to arrive) I went to look for him. I found him in his room completely naked doing what can only be described as a rain dance. I raced to get him ready again and made it to the bus just in time. Needless to say he is no longer allowed out of my sight on school days.

Bryon is improving with age. He no longer actively tries to get naked, but he is the last to tell you when he is. He enjoys his "all natural" time and runs away when he sees you coming with clothes in hand.

I really have only their father to blame for this. Apparently he was quite the little streaker as a child. Stories about how he ran out of the church with his mom following and gathering the trail of clothing are adorable until you are scrubbing pee out of your carpet.

Sigh. I have a bumper sticker on my Facebook account that describes my family perfectly.
"Once again we're ready to go and you don't have pants on. Typical"

It's not that I don't think my kids have 3 of the cutest little butts ever, I just don't want to see them all day.

3 comments:

Caroline C. Bingham said...

That's why you should live by me. My kids finally are wearing pants, thanks to cold weather. ♫Hallelujah♫

imbize said...

And when YOUR kids don't have pants on.... it makes my kids wonder why THEY have to have pants on!!!!

Jax @ AlyandAsh said...

That picture turned out so cute! Silly Aly!