Monday, September 1, 2008

It's Official...

I am completely convinced that my daughter is Satan's spawn. I know people always say that your children will be worse than you were, but this is ridiculous. I have to give my parents a lot of credit for not killing me before the age of 2! Apparently, when I was young, I was a very good "con artist". I had an excellent knack for feigning illness until chores were done so I would not have to participate. When the work was done, I was "miraculously" recovered. That is nothing to the pre-meditated naughtiness that my daughter commits on a daily basis. She is a practiced phone thief and drink dumper to name some of her milder issues. She doesn't do anything spur of the moment. I am convinced that she thinks out everything first, then leaps at the first opportunity to commit said naughtiness. It is driving myself, my husband, and my 3 year old son absolutely nuts. I spend a lot of time mopping my floors and looking for my cell phone. As upset as I am about it, I really have a lot of sympathy for Timmy. He seems to be suffering quite a bit more than I am. I used to think that she was simply wanting to play with her big brother...now I know I have been duped. She is out to torment him as often as possible. Now that he has gone back to school, I thought matters would improve. I was wrong. She has simply escalated the scale and frequency of attacks on him. It seems that there is never a day that he is not screaming and crying and running to his room to escape her. Needless to say, I spend a lot of time consoling my little boy.

To look at her, you would never guess that she is the evil genius she has turned out to be.

All I can say is that if she is this bad at 18 months, I am truly afraid for the teenager she will become.

I can't help but think that my parents are enjoying/going to enjoy my plight very much for the years to come. Apparently, it is payback time.

Sorry mom and dad...If I apologize will she stop????

3 comments:

Caroline C. Bingham said...

She will never stop. It will get worse and worse, and then one day, she'll have a daughter of her own and you will just sit back and laugh. Bwah-ha-ha-ha-ha!

imbize said...

Con artist is an understatement! You were a MASTER at avoiding work! And faking illness! hahaha The fact that you got BRIBED to NOT go to the nurses office every day says it all.....

Jax @ AlyandAsh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.