Monday, October 20, 2008

The Things I Have Learned As A Mother

It is simply amazing the things a mom knows. There are things I had no idea Iwould ever know about or understand until I became a mom.

I understand unconditional love.
I understand that even though you unconditionally love someone, you may still want to kill them.
I know all about Autism.
I know all about special education.
I know whose shoes they are based on how dirty they are.
I know when a cry means hunger, frustration, hurt, or faking.
I know that sometimes, it just needs to be kissed all better.
I know there are few things better than a snuggle.
I know I don't really NEED sleep.
I know by smell who has poop.
I know that poopy diapers aren't all that bad.
I know what it's like to have vomit in your hair for hours at a time.
I know what it's like to feel helpless while you child throws up all over you.
I know that I will probably never shower alone again.
I know that if I have to, I will snuggle up on my boy's floor to get them to sleep.

Most importantly, even though my kids don't have a lot to say, I know that they love me. A lot.
And, I know I wouldn't trade them for the world.

PS I also know that this whole motherhood thing is a lot harder than I thought it would be. And that's ok.

2 comments:

imbize said...

You are a tough mom! :) And yes, those babise do love the heck out of you!!

Jax @ AlyandAsh said...

Totally crying right now. (Stupid Estragen) Sweet post Tenille you're a great mom.