Thursday, January 15, 2009

Water? Swimming?

I peeked out my window today to check on the childrens and noticed my very naked 5 year old(he piled his clothes up nicely for me) putting his sister's pink hippo floatie in the upside down frog's head that is supposed to be the cover for our no longer sand filled sand box.

I ran out yelling "Bryon, where are your clothes?" All I got back was a "Water? Swimming?" (He says most everything in the form of a question.)

During this time, he was futilely attempting to get his feet into the holes so he could sit and "float" in the hippo on the 1 1/2 inches of muddy, rocky rain water that has accumulated in the frog head.

I know we don't have the coldest winters here, but we are NOT swimming in January. I refuse!

And keep your freaking pants on! Is it really so much to ask?

2 comments:

Staci J said...

I think our kids are on the same page... I wake up to find them in their swimsuits, but I refuse to get the hint! Maybe if we lived in AZ:)

Dawna Greer said...

His behavior was perfectly logical. . .what a cute story. Just be thankful he hasn't stripped down naked at a mall with a large fountain, ready to jump in swimming, during the Christmas rush as Kandra did when she was little.