Saturday, April 4, 2009

Uh, wait a minute...

So Bryon is getting his bottom 2 permanent front teeth in. Exciting, yes? I mean he is only 5 and it's a sign he is becoming a big boy.

Problem, the baby teeth are still there. And they aren't loose or anything. Which means I have to have them pulled. Which means sedating him. Which Is. Not. Pleasant.

I am a little crazy when I come out of anesthesia, but I understand (mostly) what is going on.

Try explaining it to an autistic child. Doesn't work.

I think I cried as much as he did the last time he came out of anesthesia(which was a lot). I'm just saying.

Ultimately the problem is that he doesn't chew. Nope. Not a thing. So these teeth basically get zero use.

Does this mean I will have to have all his teeth pulled to make room when the permanents start to come in?? I sure hope not.

I am now on the hunt for a Special Needs Pediatric Dentist. Fun. Times. bleh.

Oh, and did I mention that it appears that the top teeth are about to come in in front of the baby teeth? No? Cause they are.

Again, bleh.

3 comments:

Casdok said...

Good luck with finding a good dentist!!

Kristal said...

What a tough situation! I hope you find someone good and that Bryon does ok with it.

Jax @ AlyandAsh said...

I'm so sorry! I never even thought about that happening since he doesnt use his teeth. Poor little guy and poor momma that's gonna be a tough one.