Wednesday, August 5, 2009

A Job Well Done

I have to give my kids some credit. They don't do anything half way. When they set out to destroy perfectly good carpet, they succeed. I smelled something in my daughters room a few weeks ago. I discovered that she had been taking cups of milk, juice, water, whatever and dumping it in the same spot in her room. I scrubbed and I scrubbed. And then I scrubbed some more. The smell would not go away.

On Monday, I noticed mold. 3 huge spots in my baby girls room. So tonight I had to pull out the carpet and take out the tack strip. Good times.

Thankfully, my mom kicks serious ass. Who else would have a huge carpet remnant in their garage that would fit into my baby's room?? No one, that's who!



4 comments:

Mark and Jessica said...

Hey, if you had said something I would have shown you 2 carpet remnants in our garage that would probably fit. One from our dining room and one from Mark's office.

Now you know if it ever happens again.

savery711 said...

Well our week would not be complete w/o another trip out to visit you in Surprise, Jess. We'll take them both, if you don't mind. The scrap from Carol doesn't fit the whole room, so was considered a temporary solution, and the boys room is also overdue. Give us a call.

Dawna Greer said...

Good luck getting new carpeting down in Alyson's room. BTW I love the new pictures of your little kids--they are all precious.

Skousen Seven said...

Way to go on the weight loss, you ROCK!!!!! I agree with mom, the new pictures of the kids are adorable.
Good luck with the mold, my neighboors house is full of it. I guess thats partly why they abandoned it:(