Sunday, September 13, 2009

I. Don't. Know!

Here's the thing. My kids do some odd things. I don't deny it. The hand flapping, the spinning in circles, the "No, sorry wolf, it's not for you, it's for grandma" and other random quotations.

Here's the other thing. I don't know why they do it. Believe me, I would love to get into their heads and find out since asking gets me nowhere. I don't think they even know why they do it.

They scream, they throw fits, and sometimes, they appear bi-polar.

They have bursts of violence for no apparent reason.

I have been dealing with this for 6 years now.

And yet, I still don't know why.

So please, quit asking me.

1 comments:

imbize said...

Look, I'm just gonna say it. If someone seriously asks you to explain WHY an autistic child does certain things, they are idiots. Just tell them I said so. AND... for the record.. I LOVE THE 'Sorry Wolf' quote... Shoot, I encourage him to repeat it! hahaha SOO CUTE!