Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Crazy Week: Take 2

Have you ever had an MRI? I have. It was unpleasant to say the least. My first was when I was 16 and I had to go in the machine head first because they were looking at my shoulder. The second, I was 26 and they were looking at my pelvis so my head stayed out of the tube. Hallelujah.

Timmy is 5. Have you met my Timmy? Do you think there is a snowballs chance in hell that he will hold still in a tube with the constant knocking(that's what it sounds like) for an hour?? The answer is no.

This means he will be sedated. Which means no food and no fluids. For Timmy.
We kept him up until about 11:30 last night and fed him a last meal from Jack in the Box. He powered through an entire chicken strip meal. I was impressed.

He was allowed fluids until 9:30 and then nothing after. It was interesting to say the least. This kid knows how to get whatever he wants wheneer he wants. And just because he went to bed at 11:30 doesn't mean he is going to sleep in. :) Not my boy.

Sorry, I'm rambling, but Scott just took him to the hospital and from 12-1 pm, my baby boy will be sedated in an MRI tube and all I can think is "what if I'm wrong?" I am torturing my baby for nothing. My fears are on the exteme ends of ploar opposites. A part of me is certain that they will find some enormous tumor, and the other part is convinved that there is nothing wrong with him, I was completely mistaken, and he is going through these long tests for nothing.

Eep. I will post again after the MRI. Hopefully he doesn't have too hard a time when he wakes up. Bryon was terrified, so we had a good long cry together when he came out of sedation.

Fingers crossed.

1 comments:

Jax @ AlyandAsh said...

You're doing the right thing. It's better to know regardless of the results. But lets hope everthing is fine!