Tuesday, June 1, 2010

CBC10

What did I do at CBC10?? What didn't I do at CBC10??

Let's be real. I'm nobody important in the blogging world. I don't even blog very often. I am, however, fortunate enough to be real life best friends with The MomBabe. Jealous?? I know you are.

I landed on Wednesday, shoveled some lunch, and went to work for the next 8 hours on the super awesome swag bags. Did you look in those things? Awesomeness.

Thursday, I was dragged to an awesome store called Tai Pan Trading. It has everything decorating all the time. It was pretty sweet. We then drove off to do a pod cast for the LDS radio station which is located in the conference center in downtown Salt Lake City. (Did you know the LDS church had a radio station? Me neither.) Let us keep in mind that I have not eaten anything yet. Next we were off to a blogging panel for the Mormon church. We got to preview some really awesome Mormon Messages and chat about blogging. Good times. Still hungry. I then got to ride in a limo with The MomBabe, Leelou blogs, and Lolli Betterinbulk. If you wanna see Leelou (Julie) drunk with power, get her in a limo. It's awesome. Finally, we arrived at the speaker dinner. I finally got to eat at 6:00 pm. I'd had about 3 hours of sleep and had been up since 6 am Utah time. 5 am for me. Boooo.... The speaker dinnner was provided by ShirleyJ which included the best melt in your mouth pulled pork I have ever been privileged enough to eat. Delish.
Long day, it's not over yet.
Race back to the hotel to change for Girls Night Out with Teresa Collins. I made my own lip gloss, got my eyebrows waxed, and received the very best travel pillow I have ever laid my head on. Oh happy day. I wish I could say my Thursday ended there, but alas, it did not. I went to bed @ 3:30 am. It wasn't pretty but you all got your registration packets and swag bags, didn't you??

Friday morning, after 2.5 hours of sleep and unwashed hair, I was the smiling face that met you at registration, handed out vendor tickets, and was a general gopher. My name tag should have read "Personal Assistant to The MomBabe". Because it's true. Not complaining, just stating a fact. After a combined 5.5 hours of sleep in 2 days, I decided to skip out on the Cameron Rafati party which I heard was freaking awesome.

Saturday, on very little sleep again, I was doing registration and various slave type tasks, when I was suddenly whisked away to accompany The MomBabe to a depression panel. Which was not as depressing as it could have been. Very insightful. I was fortunate enough to get a face to face chat with Formerly Phread and Monica English(I cannot find your blog to save my life). I am in love with these ladies and I do promise to try my hardest to not become a stalker. They are amazing women with so much patience and insight. My blog is going to be taken to a whole new level because of these ladies. I cannot thank them enough. I then was able to sit in on a grief panel that The MomBabe was a member of. She was amazing as were all the ladies that participated. There are so many levels and types of grief, it was so nice to see all of them addressed. Amazing.
Saturday night, the closing speakers were stupendous. I had met CJane at the pod cast on Thursday, but that girl cleans up nice! She is hilarious. I enjoyed hearing and the going to dinner with Sophie Uliano. We had a fantastic conversation about green products and how beneficial they could be for my autistic boys. I am excited to pick up her new book and try out some of the recipes.
Sunday, I finally flew home to my nest where my 3 little peeps and 1 exhausted husband were waiting for me.
CBC10 was amazing, but there's no place like home.

6 comments:

~j. said...

I'm so grateful to have been able to meet you, to talk with you. Can't wait to get to know more of you.

Amy said...

You're a good friend! I wish I could have met you. What a fun and very busy weekend you had!

Sher said...

It was an awesome weekend, wasn't it?
I had fun hanging with you at 3 in the morning. Great to finally meet you!

Monica said...

LOL, I found your blog and mine is www.monicathemighty.blogspot.com.

But I think you may have already found it because I swear I saw you are following ...

Tenille said...

You better beieve it Monica. I promise to try to not become a stalker. I make no guarantees.

Monica said...

You have full permission to become a stalker ... it makes me feel like a celebrity.