Sunday, August 15, 2010

People Need to Quit Moving Away From Me

Generally, when people get married, they marry into a family dynamic worthy of a sit com.

I am no exception.

Thankfully, I am also fortunate to have found a really great someone in this crazy family I married into.

This is Anne and her 4 sweet peeps. (she has a husband, but he's not important to this story. sorry Kris)


Anne is one of those people that when I introduce her, I introduce her has my friend and not "my husband's cousin". Because she is more than that to me. A lot more.

We've been friends for years. Since before our sweet babies were this big.

Aren't they cute? Bryon loves his Ethan.

Anne and I have one of those relaxed, laid back, easy relationships. It is effortless to be her friend.

We have shared some really good times together. Book clubs, family reunions, birthday parties, whatever.

Now, for some stange reason, they are moving to Texas. Sadness.

All my friends keep moving away from me. First Caroline, and now Anne.

Now if you still live here don't get all bent out of shape, I still like you.

But it will be really weird to not invite the Koellners to birthday parties and to not run into them in Bath and Body Works at Tempe Marketplace. It's the little things like that that really suck.

But, sadly, I get why they are moving and it's gonna be good for them and blah blah blah.

I'll still miss my friend.

Safe travels Koellners. Come back to visit please.

2 comments:

Ironygirl said...

I'm sorry to hear it. It's hard when such good friends move away.

Elisa said...

That blows.

I'm still your friend though.