Thursday, September 30, 2010

Oh, What a Night

I remember laying in bed last night. That's about as far as I got.

I lay awake talking to my husband about all the stress I am dealing with right now and how I feel ridiculously close to a nervous breakdown. I need more sleep, I tell him.

Then, at 12:30, Aly started to cry. I let her come into our bed.

Ever try to "sleep" with a 3 year old in your bed? Yeah, you can't. Mommy somehow gets shoved to the very edge while the 3 year old expands into what is surely triple her size. And diagonal.

I think I got some sleep. Not a lot though because the boys were fighting at 2.

I tried to break it up. No go. So I set up a movie. That lasted about 5 seconds.

Moved Aly to her own bed and Timmy into my bed. What's worse than a 3 year old in your bed? A 5 year old.

That only lasted about and hour. Come @ 3:30 am, Scott and Timmy went to lay in Timmy's bed. A twin. Scott is 6'4".

When the alarm went off at 6:25, I went to check on all my babies.

They were passed out. So, I decided to let them sleep. I canceled the bus and was prepared to let them stay home today.

Bryon woke up at 6:45. I hauled him into bed with me. All knees and elbows. Ouch.

At 7, I got up with Bryon and started to get him ready for school.

Bryon is the easy one.

Timmy had a major meltdown.

Long story short, I got to drive my kids to school this morning.

The same school.

Individually.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I ways say that kids make 'H's out of their parents. Poor Tenille!

Ironygirl said...

I HATE sleeping with my kids. They are so bony and crazy. I'm sorry you had such a rough night.