Monday, November 8, 2010

Am I Overreacting?

I live in a cul-de-sac.

Parking is difficult and so my neighbors park where they can. It hasn't bothered me in the 6 years that I have lived here, and it hasn't bothered countless bus drivers over the past 3.5 years.

It does, however, bother Aly's morning bus driver.

She makes a comment every stinking day about the car that parks on my street.

She is not the first or only driver to deal with that car on any given day.

I could handle the comments. I mostly ignored her.

On Friday, she decided to be super bitchy and LAY ON HER HORN because she had to back the bus up a bit to get around the car. Deal with it. You're not the first.

When I got to the bus she was all "maybe now they know that they need to move that car."

My thought was, maybe they thought I was late and you were honking at me.

When some of my neighbors came to the door (because they were leaving, not because of the horn) she continued on with "oh good, now they know what they've done"

No, I don't think so. I think we all know that you are psycho.

I have a neighbor that works at night and sleeps all day. I am sure he appreciated your honking.

This is the same driver that made my daughter 45 minutes late to school (which only lasts 2.5 hours as it is) because she was waiting for some kid to come outside that never came outside because he was already at school. The rules are pretty clear that if your child doesn't come out within 2 minutes, the bus will leave. So why are you waiting for 30 minutes?

This is also the same driver that yelled at one of the aides at school because the kid she waited forever for lives at the back of their apartment complex and she wants them to wait at the front for her because she's not going to the back anymore.

Um, lady, how about you do your job and shut up.

So, I am already planning to have my daughter rerouted because I just do not want her on that bus anymore.

I am wondering if it's too much to file a complaint against the driver as well...

3 comments:

Mark and Jessica said...

You are ABSOLUTELY NOT overreacting - I would make sure the district knows exactly why you are rerouting your daughter and express you dissatisfaction over the way this driver acts. Good luck.

Ironygirl said...

Yikes! Some bus drivers get real uppity about their job, and I can't for the life of me figure out why.

Elder and Sister Marsh said...

I would suggest emailing a copy of this blog entry to the person who would be responsible for getting Alyson re-routed to another bus. Let them know that you have expressed your dis-satisfaction in print. (This is Jeanette, by the way....)