Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Because There's Nothing I Like Better Than Standing In The Middle Of A Parking Lot

In case you missed that frazzled woman whose too loose jeans kept slipping down as she wrestled with a flailing 6 year old and was clung to by a 3 year old in the middle of the school's parking lot, that was me.

For whatever reason, Timmy decided that he was NOT going to school today. I dragged him and Aly to the car with Aly screaming that she wanted to ride in daddy's car. Not mamma's car.

Upon arriving at school, I spent about 5 minutes trying to convince Tim to put his shoes on so we could go to recess. He refused. I pleaded and I threatened, but there was no changing his mind.

I shoved his shoes and socks into his backpack and carried him. Aly was VERY upset at the idea that someone else was being carried and decided that she needed to be carried too.

I attempted to drag her along, unsuccessfully, when the 1st bell rang. They locked the gate and recess was over. After about 15 monutes in the middle of the parking lot where all the buses exit, I gave up.

Only to have Aly PISSED that she wasn't going to recess. Um, kid, you NEVER go to recess at this school. Get over it.

I dragged two screaming kids to car past the somewhat sympathetic onlookers.

Timmy's teacher even came to the car and attempted to persuade him to come inside to school. Not interested.

We came home and Timmy was sent to bed.

Unfortunately, at about 11 am, Timmy decided he was ready for school.

Let's just say it has been an eventful day and I feel like I have wrestled an alligator.

Hopefully, he has learned his lesson and will be more open to the idea of going to school from now on.

He's not exactly my biggest fan right now.

That's okay. I ate an enormous Hershey's with almonds. :)

4 comments:

Mark and Jessica said...

So, did you take him to school when he was ready, or did you teach a lesson that he couldn't change his mind in the middle of the day?

I'm so sorry! Days like this are sooo hard to deal with.

Monica said...

You should have eaten two.

Lady, you need a bubble bath, or a girls night ... now there's an idea. Are we close enough to gettogether for a girls night? I'm gonna go check on facebook and see.

Elizabeth said...

Tenille--I love you for doing what you do! If you are having trouble finding a bright spot in it, I have to say that I was expecting something along the lines of you totally losing your pants in the parking lot. So perhaps the fact that you didn't is a good thing, huh?

melissabastow said...

Alligator wrestling should earn you at least TWO hershey bars with almonds.

Or possibly one of those king sized Symphony bars.