Thursday, September 19, 2013

It's Official

Well, it's official.

All 3 of my children are autistic.

Is there a prize? because I think I should win a prize.

In the grand scheme of things, Alyson is mild. The new rating system is ASD level 1-3.

Alyson is a level 1 and the boys would both rate a level 3.

She also has an attention problem which the doctor thinks is really only noticeable because of the autism.

In any case, I get to start that long, tedious process of acquiring services a 3rd time.

Yay me.

Here's the frustrating thing:

I was expecting the doc to ask me to have my kids all genetically tested. My boys already were, so I brushed him off.

Turns out there is a new test. A better test. And I could help future generations.

What could I help future generations do you might ask??

Abort their children if it appears they are autistic.

Because there's no hope for me. I'm stuck with the life I have. But other people won't have to deal with what I am dealing with now.

Because apparently, my life sucks and other people shouldn't have to suffer the way I am.

Um, no. No you cannot have my kids DNA. I'll keep it all to myself thank you very much.

3 comments:

Audrey Crisp said...

I'm sorry mamma! I'm sure that's quite stressful. Last least she's a 1 and you are a great mom who can understand these kids. Best wishes

Elder and Sister Marsh said...

Love you, Tenille....

~ Jeanette

Jenny Whipple said...

The first thing my doctor said to me when she thought my baby might have down syndrome was "Let's get some testing done so that you don't have to deal with this. God forbid you have a child with Down Syndrome." I said " God doesn't forbid it. He can gift me with any type of child he wants." We found a new doctor. Some people stink.