Saturday, October 12, 2013

The Unofficial Answer to "I don't know how you do it"

This is probably the first of many posts regarding this topic.

How do I do it? Who knows.

How so I cope? That's easier to answer.

My life is stressful and I will admit, kind of sucky.

But, you can make it less sucky by not obsessing and freaking out over things you cannot control.

For example: Bryon just dumped half of a bottle of an aromatherapy bubble bath from Bath and Body Works that I got for Mother's Day into his bath.

I can be mad. I can be frustrated. I can yell. But none of those things will bring back my bubble bath.

So, I will choose to be glad that he smells good, my bathroom smells good, and a lot of the water hit the floor so when I dry it, it will also smell good.

And, I still have a bottle of the bath crystals.

Pick your battles. Find your silver linings.

If I freaked out over everything that was already done that I can't control, I wouldn't have time for anything else. Just buy a lot of magic erasers and air freshener.

1 comments:

Elder and Sister Marsh said...

Tenille, you have hit the nail right on the head. Admittedly, my life as a young mother was different from yours. But, while I did not have three children with autism, I did have six children within a 7-1/2 year time window (and added one more 6-1/2 years later); and I also got the "how do you do it?" and "how do you cope?" questions. A lot. My answers were almost always similar to yours. Picking your battles, and looking for the good in the situations that arise go a long way toward saving the sanity. You are doing great!