Friday, August 1, 2008

A Boy and His Sharpie

I will start with a little background. I am a complete pushover and my husband is always trying to teach the boys to clean up their messes. Timmy loves to draw on any surface he possibly can with whatever writing utensil he can get his grubby little hands on. Scott has recently taught him about the wonders of the magic eraser. Timmy is OBSESSED with the things. So, he now runs around with a crayon in one hand and an eraser in the other. Sadly, he presses harder with said crayon than with said eraser. Not usually a problem. Sadly, he has formed an attachment with a black sharpie. Now, if you can get the sharpie off the tile before it dries, it comes off no problem. It even comes off the glass in my french door. It does not, however, come off of the paint regardless of how long you scrub with any sponge or eraser. Needless to say, I have black walls and a son smart enough to hide the sharpie from me. I cannot find this thing anywhere. It is getting ridiculous. The funniest thing, if there is anything funny about this situation, is that Timmy keeps drawing pairs of glasses exactly the way Steve draws them on "Blue's Clues". This morning, I came out of my room to find every tile in our home had a pair of glasses on it. There are plenty on my walls as well. Ick. So now, I will spend the weekend painting most of my house instead of spending it curled up on my couch reading "Breaking Dawn." Sometimes I hate being the mom.

7 comments:

Jax @ AlyandAsh said...

Aahhhhhh!!!!!!!! That is hilarous!! About the glasses not the sharpie! I'm sorry you will be stuck painting this weekend. Do you want me to take baby girl on a sleep over Saturday night? I'll be hanging out at the Arizona State Championships Feis on Sunday so I can take her for her first Irish Dance Competition experience!! Whaoo! Ha-ha anyway I'm totally up for it if it'd be a help to you!

Anonymous said...

RUBBING ALCOHOL!
It removes sharpie from EVERYTHING - even paint!

imbize said...

Man, that kid is a menace! hahahahaha

imbize said...

Did I mention my kids are gone for 4 days?? YAHOO. No mommy day for me!

Elizabeth said...

Does rubbing alcohol also take Sharpie out of carpet? Rebekah outlined the stairs in our house... I'm hurting with you, kiddo!

Mortensen Family said...

Hi Tenille!! I just found your blog! Your kiddos are so cute!! How fun! Well, I have a blog too, so stop by when you have a minute and say hello!! Talk to you soon! -Fawn-

Blog Stalker said...

My kids are compelled to draw/mark the walls with crayons, markers, whatever they can find.

Too funny,