Friday, January 9, 2009

Seriously?

So, what part of your being a cashier at a grocery gives you the right to tell me how to raise my children? Or how to raise my friends children? I don't particularly care about how you raised your children. Here's a few things you should know...

My daughter is not overtired. She had only been awake for 1 1/2 hours after 13 hours of sleep. She looked darling, by the way, and yes, babies wear boots!

I am perfectly aware that sometimes you need to let your child scream. I do it all the time. Long live the iPod!

I don't care if your children were off the bottle at age 1. My daughter loves her bottle and I will not throw them all away because you tell me to. Oy!

I don't think parents that allow their children pacifiers until the age of 3 or 4 are lazy. I don't know why they do it. Maybe you should ask them. Better yet, maybe you should keep your opinions to yourself.

That is all.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

What happened to you today? Was it some crabby old lady that tried to impart wisdom to you? No lie, I have a friend who's son is the same age as Erik. He had a Knight's play sword at Fry's one time. Some woman came up and yelled at her for letting him carry a weapon! She looked at her and said, "Right, because so many people are out cutting off heads with Excalibur that we should worry about it." I just pictured the kid out pulling a Highlander on the neighbors. People need to shut their mouths.

imbize said...

Oh man, I definitely think I need the back story on this one. I remember one time someone trying to give Matt and I advice on Tryston's fit in a grocery store. Matt had 3 words... MIND YOUR BIZNESS! hahaha That crazy nut job shut her mouth after that.