Sunday, October 18, 2009

Be Careful What You Wish For

For years I have wanted Bryon and Timmy to blow out their birthday candles by themselves. Not that we didn't always have anxious cousins willing to help, but I wanted my kids to do it.

This year was the first time Bry blew out his own candles. All six of them, all by himself. I was thrilled. Timmy will probably handle his own 5 in a few weeks.

However, now that he can do it, he does it ALL. THE. TIME. Like say when we had a power outage and I lit every candle we had, only to notice that the house was getting darker and darker. Gee, I wonder why...

Those boys were blowing them out as fast as I could light them.

Today I have/had an aromatherapy candle lit in my living room. Everytime he blows it out I relight it and sometimes move it to a new location. All to no avail. I think that kid can find a lit candle in a 1 mile radius.

Sigh.

Guess my house isn't meant to smell like Black Raspberry Currant today. Oh well.

0 comments: