Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Just Add Dentist to My Job Description

Byron has had a LOT of issues with his teeth. Mostly because he doesn't actually use them. Except, of course, to grind them and make me crazy. :)

His bottom teeth grew in and we had to have the dentist remove them. Root and all. It wasn't pretty. He was strapped onto a table and it took 4 of us to hold him down. I think I cried the most.

Bryon's top permanent tooth grew in recently and yep, you guessed it, the tooth didn't fall out. I think we were playing the game "How many teeth can fit in the mouth of a 6 year old??"

Anyway... the other baby tooth began to bleed yesterday so we poked around to see what was going on.

After a LOT of tears and some blood, I was able to remove both of the top baby teeth. Phew.




Downfall is, Bry is a little scared of me right now. He doesn't quite trust me just yet.

2 comments:

Mark and Jessica said...

Poor baby Bry! I hate doing things as a mother that make my children a bit afraid or untrusting of me. I hope one day they realize it really was for the best.

Dang it. If I knew this was something you could do, I would have had you pull Ryan's 2 molars recently and saved some $$ :-)

Jax @ AlyandAsh said...

Dude, I fell asleep feeding Asher last night and bonked his head on the wooden arm rest of the rocking chair. You have no need to feel bad helping your little boy. He knows you love him more than anything and although he probably won't even remember it by the time he can appreciate what you did for him...he will!