Saturday, July 10, 2010

Why Do I Bother?

Every time I give my kids a bath, they flood the place. (If you are thinking, well, Tenille, just take away anything they can bail(bale?) water with, I will tell you to shut up because don't you think I have thought of that already? idiots.)

Seriously.

It's not cute. Or funny. Regardless of what they think.

And yet, every time I wash and dry and replace the poor little bath mats that get drenched at each bathing. Every. Freaking. Time.

If I understand it correctly, the definition of insanity is repeating the same behavior over and over again and expecting different results. (this explains a lot regarding childbirth, but that's another post)

Therefore, in an attempt to reclaim what is left of my sanity, and there is precious little, I assure you, I am going on a bath mat strike.

No more will I wash and replace the bath mats in my childrens bathroom.

They look pretty bad from all the washings anyway and I hate to think of purchasing new ones only to subject them to this life of dreadful abuse. They deserve better. (see, I'm crazy)

So, if you happen to be fortunate enough to visit me in my home, *snicker* you have been warned. There are no rugs in my hall bathroom. And you know why, so don't ask.

That is all.

4 comments:

The Motherboard said...

My kids like to take the towels and plug up the drain in the shower so they can swim.

Judi said...

Ha-Ha! I know how that goes!
If I ever re-do the floor, I am going to put in a drain right in the middle of the floor so all the water will just disappear!

v said...

Eh, just take the kids out back and hose 'em off instead. ;)

Mark and Jessica said...

I gave up using bath mats because my cats always pee on them and do you know how hard it is to get cat urine out of rugs? So if you come to my house you won't see rugs in ANY of my baths. :) It's all good