Friday, August 27, 2010

This Probably Makes Me Small and Petty. I Don't Care

This happens to me a lot. I mean a lot. I may have even blogged about it before.

Oh, well. Here I go again.

This happens with baby food and diapers, but today, it was the diapers that caused it, so that's what I'll bitch about.

*Puts diapers in cart*

"How old is your baby?"

"Oh, um, well, she's 3."

"You have a 3 year old that's not potty trained?" (Insert smug smile here)

(Insert me deciding to screw with this person here)

"Yes. None of my 3 kids are potty trained"

*Smile gets bigger* (for the record, this person could not possibly have kids. Trust me, you can tell with some people)

"How old are your other kids?"

"My boys are 5 and 7."

"Reeeaaaalllly?" *that smile could not possibly get any bigger*

"Yes. But, then again, you know, autistic boys generally aren't potty trained until between the ages of 6 and 8."

*smile fades a bit*

"Autistic?"

"Yes. And my daughter has a severe speech delay which doesn't really help with the whole communication process."

"oh. um,*big swallow* (the smile is gone by now) is it hard to have 2 autistic boys?"

"I don't know. It's all I've ever known. But they are pretty great. and really sweet."

I take great pleasure in making people feel about this big. :)

If I were a better person, I wouldn't do it. But, well, you know who we're talking about here.

I will confess that I do not do this to those that offer any type of sympathy or understanding.

But, you know, people with no kids know EVERYTHING about being a parent. Don't they?

6 comments:

v said...

You.are.FANTASTIC!

Judi said...

LOVE your snarkiness Tenille.
A stupid remark/questions is ALWAYS deserving of any form of snark!
luv ya♥

Sassy Sites! said...

I love you Tenille!!

Mamie Coffey said...

you are "the hotness". smug be-atch deserved it. and more ;)

Rebecca said...

Neither one of my boys were completely potty trained until a little after 3yrs old. I have one the spectrum and one not. They just weren't ready.

Keep up the attitude. :)

melissabastow said...

"What do you mean you still have 3 kids in diapers, isn't one of them 5 1/2?" says stupid obnoxious hateful person. "What do you mean my fist landed directly in your face snapping your nose in the process?" says me.

I don't really punch. I just want to. Go you, for putting people in their place!