Monday, October 18, 2010

It's Things Like This That Make All The Other Crap I Deal With Worthwhile

My boys go to the same school. Not uncommon. Their classes do a lot of things together, but they have never acknowledged the other at school.

Also, the only time they touch, is to do harm.

That being said...

I'll condense this the best I can.

Bryon's bus was late and he was certain that a different bus with a substitute driver was his. He was determined to get on this bus. His teachers did not let him, and a meltdown ensued.

Meanwhile, across campus...

Timmy ran out of his classroom in an attempt to take off. Apparently he does that a lot. His teacher called him back reminding him that he was line leader and that she would not give him his "#2 pipe cleaner" (he can shape a pipe cleaner into any number or letter. It's crazy.)until he led the class to the bus stop.

Upon arrival at the stop, the teacher returned the pipe cleaner. A very sad Bryon scooted over to Timmy and laid his head on his shoulder. Teacher thought Bry was trying to steal the pipe cleaner until she saw his sad little face.

Timmy put his arm around Bryon in an attempt to console him and said, "Pipe cleaner for Bryon." He handed over the extra special pipe cleaner and kept his arm around his brother until the right bus came and they were able to get on.

I wish I was there and all the teachers wished they had a camera.

I knew they loved each other...

6 comments:

Caroline C. Bingham said...

Oh my gosh, that is so HUGE!

Monica said...

That is beautiful and amazing.

Tenille said...

I know!

Dawna Greer said...

How sweet! Made me cry! Sometimes small steps are the biggest!

Amy Jo Madsen said...

In the words of Tommy Boy - "That...is...AWESOME!" Maybe those moments will happen more often now. (Probably not, but it could happen!)

melissabastow said...

They only love each other when you're not their and no one has a camera - - I think it's a rule.