Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

I don't eat pumpkin. So when a friend asked me for some pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, I scoured my cook books and the internet. We liked this one best.




These are a tasty pumpkin, but not too pumpkiny cookies. They even have oats.

1 cup softened butter or margarine
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup quick cooking oats
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips

Cream butter and sugars until fluffy.
Beat in egg and vanilla.
Combine flour, oats, baking soda, and cinnamon; stir into creamed mixture alternately with pumpkin.
Stir in chocolate chips.

Now, it says to drop by tablespoonful onto greased sheets. However, if you grease the sheets, the cookies spread and are not very pretty. I find it is better to leave them ungreased and just remove the cookies from the pan asap so they don't stick.
That's just me, feel free to do what you like.

Bake at 350 for 12-13 minutes or until browned. Cool on wire racks.

Makes @ 4 dozen.

0 comments: